Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogger beta has tags (aka labels)

Well, as of Aug 14 2006 Blogger has tags in the new beta. Just a ten days after I added them in a bricolage style (see Wot no tags and Posting with tags). Wasted effort, but fun nonetheless. I haven't converted to Blogger beta yet, I'm always a little cautious with betas, but give it a month or so and I'll be there...

Blogger is calling tags labels, which seems less than desirable, seeing as the rest of the web seems to be using tags as the preferred terminology. If you agree, and labels are not renamed, fill in a note on this page for the blogger staff, leaving the top 'blogger beta' radio-button selected.
Tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sheesh.

I fell prey to that one too. Setup yet another space to talk about another space within a space which is a blend of feeds flying in from afar.

Looking forward to the insight you'll bring such a rabid bunch of Aussie bloggers and virtual feed agents :-)

Wed Aug 23, 04:07:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Mark It Quickly said...

Thanks, but I'm actually hoping that we can all give each other insight.

There is already some strong energy and a desire to exploit web 2.0 features for effective teaching in the CLC. I think that if it gets it communal act together it could be significant in pushing forward notions of web-implemented PLEs and their application.

Ha! And as for e-meeting "rabid Ozzie bloggers", that's ripper; rage on, mate! (Wonders of the internet, I can continue to pick up on Aussie slang. :-) )

Thu Aug 24, 07:46:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home